Mid-Hudson Computer User Group (MHCUG)
Guest Speaker Information
The Mid-Hudson Computer User Group (MHCUG) had its beginnings in 1977 and is made up of approximately
130 members. Anyone with an interest in learning more about personal computers can be a member.
MHCUG has these major activities:
- 1. General meetings, where programs are presented, problems
are discussed and programs are presented.
- 2. The microCHIP, our monthly newsletter.
- We accept technical articles in soft copy, accompanied by the author's permission to print the article for non-commercial purposes.
- 3. Special Interest Groups of club members interested in a particular activity, application, product or group of products.
- 4. The MHCUG Web site http://www.mhcug.org/
Club MeetingsPurpose: To have a good time learning what we don't
know about personal computers.
- When: Second Thursday of each month:
- The typical plan for each general meeting is:
6:30 - 7:00 Pre-meeting, members-helping-members Question &
7:00 - 7:30 Business meeting
7:30 - 9:00 Presentation (see below)
Speaker Setup: Speakers should complete their setup before
the meeting begins.
- Meeting Attendance: Usually 60 - 80. Admission is
free to all.
- Audience Level: Novice through expert. Assume at least
half the audience will know little or nothing of your subject.
- Product Giveaways: Product samples donated by the
presenter may be awarded as door prizes to members in attendance.
- Prepare to present for 60 - 90 minutes, including a question
period at the end, or questions as you go.
- Please close your presentation by 9:00 PM. In closing, do
invite people to come up and talk with you.
- Content suggestions:
- Our members enjoy comprehensive presentations, so it is good
to discuss the history of the product, or tell who developed
the product, etc.
- Do discuss the value of using the product, i.e., why should
I own and use it.
- As you talk about and demonstrate the features of your product, please describe how you make use of them: describe your mouse click / keystroke pattern rather than just dazzling us with your skill!
Meetings are announced to the local news media, in the microCHIP and our Web
- Deadline for inclusion in all PR releases: Seven (7) weeks before the meeting
- What is needed:
- Name of the presentation
- Name of your company and name of the product(s)
- A short paragraph (under 200 words) highlighting the product(s)
- Name of the speaker or speakers
- Some introductory remarks about each speaker
- How to Send:
The Vice President - Programs
Please e-mail if mailing address is required.
The conference room is normally equipped with:
- 100 seats, set auditorium style; room size and capacity can
- Projection screen
- Table to accommodate a projector and a laptop or other PC
- Power cord and power strip
- Podium and microphone with 50 foot cable - the hotel's conference
rooms have speaker systems
- A wireless microphone is also available
- Tables for exhibits or handouts, are available at the
rear of the room
An SVGA LCD color projector, overhead projector ,or VCR/TV can be provided if requested in advance.
Contact the Vice President - Programs for any additional help.
The Mid-Hudson Computer User Group meets at the
Best Western Inn & Conf Center
2170 South Road, Poughkeepsie, New York, United States, 12601
Phone: 845-462-4600 Fax: 845-462-3228